The College's general assembly meets once a month through the academic year. When Faculty Assembly meetings are held via Zoom, the Meeting ID and Password will be provided to faculty one week prior to scheduled meeting. Additionally, you will receive procedures for Zoom participation and electronic voting on College business matters.
Meeting Dates for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
In-person meetings are held at 8:30 a.m. in 021 Bluemont Hall.
|Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
|September 22, 2020||January 26, 2021|
|October 27, 2020||February 23, 2021|
|December 1, 2020 (if needed)||March 23, 2021|
|April 27, 2021|
There are five standing committees composed of representatives from each department, one representative from the Center for Student and Professional Services, one undergraduate student representative, and one graduate representative.
The Executive Committee generally meets monthly to receive reports from the other standing committees and to determine the agenda for the meetings of the College Assembly. The committee is also responsible for the review and revisions of the college's Policies and Procedures Handbook, oversight of the college-wide schedule for election of representatives to standing committees, and arrangements for the nomination and selection of the college's University Support Staff Employee of the Year.
The Executive Committee also serves as the College Committee on Planning (CCOP), primarily to consider issues related to reorganization, long term and strategic planning, and financial exigency.
- Kimberly Staples, Chair (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Socorro Herrera (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Judy Hughey (Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs)
- Warren White (Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs)
- Royce Ann Collins (Educational Leadership)
- Donna Augustine-Shaw (Educational Leadership)
- Diane Murphy (Student Success and Professional Services)
- Dr. Robert Hachiya
- Dr. Vicki Sherbert
- Dr. J. Spencer Clark
- Dr. Judy Hughey
- Dr. Be Stoney
- Kelly Briggs (Co-Chair, Professional Staff Affairs Committee)
Graduate Council Representatives
- Dr. Deepak Subramony
- Dr. Grace Liang
- Dr. Doris Carroll