Licensing and Endorsement Assistance

Kansas State University offers educational licensing/endorsement programs for Teaching, School Specialist, and School Leadership in the State of Kansas. Below you will find information for completion requirements and application of these Kansas licenses, as well as substitute licenses, added endorsements, and license renewal.

Teaching Licenses

Initial Kansas Teaching License Requirements
The two-year ”Initial License“ is the first license that is issued to beginning teachers in Kansas. For an Initial Kansas Teaching License you must have a Bachelor’s degree, complete a teacher education program, have recent college credits, and pass the Praxis Tests.

Teacher Education programs available at K-State:

Specialist Licenses

Leadership Licenses

Substitute Licenses


There are two ways to add endorsements to your Kansas teaching license:

Other Endorsement Options:

Renewing Licenses


Form 1 Instructions (PDF)

Teaching Outside of Kansas (PDF)

Center for Student Success and Professional Services

Di Murphy
Licensing Officer

Joe Duntz
Administrative Officer