Welcome to Kansas State University's Kansas National Education Association – Aspiring Educators Program!
Teacher Quality, Political Action, Community Outreach, Social Justice.
The KNEA Aspiring Educators Program is a professional association for college students preparing to enter the education profession. KNEA-AE provides college students with assistance, benefits, and professional resources.
Click on the link above, then scroll down and complete the basic information - it's that simple! Please use your KSU.edu email address when you join. Membership runs from September 1 – August 31.
Why join as a student member? What does your $20 provide?
- Professional Liability – NEA provides $1 million in legal services for professional liability and expert legal advice
- Opportunity to Develop Leadership Skills – We invite members to share their talents and abilities, developing as school leaders
- Dues Rebate After Graduation – Receive a rebate of $20 off your first and second year regular NEA membership for EACH YEAR you were a Student Member!
- Member Discount and Services – Get a KNEA Membership Access Card with discount coupons to many retail and food chains, car rentals, insurance, and many more allowing you to "earn back" your membership fee
- Online Tools – Access online tools such as PRAXIS II PLT Online Study Guide
- Publications – NEA Today and Tomorrow's Teachers (and Instructor Magazine if you join online)
- Networking – Help finding your first job, comparing salaries and benefits, understanding your contract, etc.
- Legislation and Lobbying – Support public schools at the state and national level – STAY INFORMED!
Get involved in our local K-State Chapter!
Come meet others with similar professional interests, develop leadership skills, be a part of something bigger than yourself. Have fun while learning and being involved in student and related projects, teachers and schools.
Dr. Suzanne Porath, 208 Bluemont Hall – firstname.lastname@example.org