Internships for Freshmen and Sophomores
Freshmen or sophomores majoring in mathematics with a possible interest in teaching are eligible for paid internships in various teaching-related positions both on and off campus. These internships help students further explore their interest in teaching and hopefully attract them to the teaching field.
Paid internships up to $3,200 are available in various teaching-related positions both on and off campus for freshmen or sophomores majoring in mathematics with a possible interest in teaching.
Stipends of up to $3,200 per semester (including summer internships) are available for interested and qualified freshman and sophomores. There are opportunities to serve as paid tutors for students attending public schools in the Manhattan area or to participate in math education professional development and informal education settings.
- Be current freshmen or sophomores majoring in mathematics
- Possess a cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Have successful completion at least one semester of university
credit at K-State
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the semester immediately following the semester for which the stipend award is received
- Meet stated deadlines and requirements for application submission
- Apply and work for an internship experience in an informal education setting.