The Hot Topics series provides EDCATS and our educational partners opportunities to engage in professional learning focusing on topics such as professionalism and self-care; diversity and globalism; classroom pedagogy; and research and reflection. Students can earn professional development hours through participating in the activities associated with each session.
Current Hot Topics
Check back for future dates!
Previous Hot Topics
- Celebrating the Month of the Military Child: Strategies to Support Military-Connected Children in School
- Classroom Gardens & School Enrichment - Brandi Bruna (4-H Program Assistant) and Gregg Eyestone (Extension Agent, Horticulture) from K-State Extension
- Dyslexia - What it is and How can I help? - Speaker: Dr. Jessica Nelson, BCBA (District Level Behavior Consultant for Geary County Schools)
- Educator Mental Health - Speaker: Dr. Judy Hughey
- Military-connected Counseling and Education: Exploring School Counseling and Counselor Education careers from a military-connected lens - Speaker: Dr. Jessica Lane
- Understanding Nutrition for Educators - Megan Dougherty from K-State Extension
- The Future of Education and the Educator Workforce - Dean Mercer & Dr. Miller
- Morning Meeting and Building Classroom Culture - Speaker: Ali Smith, 2nd grade Apache Innovative School