Department of Special Education,
Counseling and Student Affairs
The Department of Special Education, Counseling and Student Affairs at Kansas State University has the following academic components:
- Special Education
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- School Counseling
- College Student Development
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Academic Advising
- Leadership in Academic Advising
These components have a mission of preparing knowledgeable, ethical, caring decision makers who demonstrate inclusive perspectives toward the contexts of groups and institutions; student development and learning; teaching and guidance; inquiry and research methods; and research-enlightened clinical application, consultation, and practice.
Faculty in Special Education, Counseling and Student Affairs serve the Department's mission in four areas of professional commitment:
- Delivery of exemplary instruction to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Production, interpretation, and dissemination of sound and useful research, scholarship, and other creative works.
- Leadership, consultation, collaboration, and service within the profession.
- Promotion, understanding, and celebration of diversity.