1. K-State home
  2. »College of Education
  3. »Center for Student Success and Professional Services
  4. »Transfer Credit

College of Education

Advisor Kelly Briggs advises an undergraduate studentAdvisor Mechelle Martinez works with students

Transfer Credit

Official transcripts must be sent directly from previously attended colleges and universities to the K-State Office of Admissions. Hand-carried transcripts and transcripts sent by students are unofficial even though they may carry the college seal or signatures that are placed on official records. Only one-half of the hours required for a K-State degree may be taken at a two-year college. Ninety hours from a four-year college or university can be transferred for a K-State degree. You must have a minimum of 30 hours in residence at K-State to receive a K-State degree. Also, 20 of the last 30 hours for the degree must be from K-State.

Once enrolled at K-State, students who want to take additional courses from another college or university and have the credits transferred to K-State need to confer with their advisor. To determine how courses may transfer to K-State, visit the Transfer Equivalency site.

Although grades from transfer credits do not transfer to K-State, we do use transfer grades in the College of Education. Grades from other colleges are used along with your K-State grades for the GPA used for Admission to Teacher Education and Student Teaching.

Center for Student Success and Professional Services

Dr. Roger Schieferecke
Assistant Dean/Director
013 Bluemont Hall
1114 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook