1. K-State home
  2. »College of Education
  3. »Adult and Continuing Education
  4. »Doctoral Programs
  5. »FAQs

College of Education

If you have questions or comments about the Ph.D. in Adult and Continuing Education, please send an e-mail to adulteducation@k-state.edu.

College of Education
006 Bluemont Hall
1114 Mid-Campus Drive North
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506

785-532-7304 fax

Doctoral Program FAQs

How long does a student have to complete the doctoral program?

Students pursuing the doctoral degree typically take about three to four years to complete the coursework. Once students pass the prelim (comprehensive) exams, the Graduate School stipulates that they must complete the dissertation within five years.

When do I have to apply to the program?

Students may apply for the doctoral program any time during the year. Admission decisions are only made every March and October. To be considered at those times, students packet must be complete.

Request More Information