Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs
College of Education, Kansas State University
The Department of Special Education, Counseling, and Student Affairs at Kansas State University invites applications for a term assistant professor position.
The position involves teaching undergraduate courses in educational psychology for elementary and/or secondary education students and interpersonal relations for secondary education students, and collaborating with colleagues in teaching courses. In addition, the position involves teaching graduate courses in counseling and may include assisting with advising students. The position also involves participating in departmental, college, and university service.
- Earned Doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education and Supervision from an accredited institution
- Teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level
- School counseling experience at the elementary or secondary level
- Strong potential for excellence in college or university teaching
- Experience collaborating with colleagues in universities and/or local education agencies
- Experience integrating technology into the classroom and/or teaching online
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Degree from a Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) accredited institution
- Collaborative/team teaching experience at the college/university level
- Established record in college or university teaching
- Demonstration of commitment to professional activities
- Demonstration of college or university service
To apply, submit a letter of application describing how one’s educational background and professional experience meet the required and preferred qualifications, a curriculum vita, university transcripts showing the highest degree earned (unofficial transcripts may be submitted; official transcripts will be required prior to an offer), and three letters of recommendation to:
Ms. Cassy Llewelyn
369 Bluemont Hall
1100 Mid-Campus Drive
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
Electronic applications may be submitted to email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin October 18, 2013, and continue until the position is filled.
Position begins January 5, 2014.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer.
Background check required.